AC Buying Guide
Due to the summer heat and the temperature rising above 40 degrees Celsius in many parts of the country, many people are eager to buy an AC. If you are thinking of buying a new AC for your home because you can’t stand the heat of the sun, then you should keep some things in mind before buying an AC. Here are some important points that you should keep in mind before buying an AC online or from retail stores.
Points to Keep in Mind Before Buying AC
1) It is better to have proper budget for AC purchase. This will help you make better decisions about the features you prioritize and the features you can drop.
2) The capacity of AC should match the room size of your house. For small rooms (around 100-120 sq ft), a 1-ton AC should be sufficient, while larger rooms require a higher capacity AC.
3) If you live on the top floor where the intensity of sunlight is high, you will need a high capacity AC to cool the place well. AC capacity should be at least 0.5 tons if you want to enjoy the best cooling in the room.
4) Take into account the number of people living in the house. AC requires a large cooling room as a crowded room creates additional heat load.
5) Both split and window ACs are useful. Window ACs tend to be cheaper though with less features, while split ACs on the other hand are more expensive but offer additional features like sleep mode and turbo cooling.